Picture This:It’s summertime. Your friends are coming over for your first BBQ of the summer and you are stoked. What are you cooking? You take a sip of your cold Fresh Squeezed IPA and get to thinking… “I can cook with this, too!” and the ideas start flowing…
- Boom! IPA Cucumber Dip for my veggie friends.
- Bang! Sweet IPA glazed grilled chicken wings for the meat eaters.
- And finally WHAM! Citrus Beer Cupcakes for dessert.
Gary enjoying summertime grilling back in the day.
Whethere you're hosting on your a guest, these recipes and a 6-pack of Fresh Squeezed IPA will make sure you're the life of the party! Stock up on your favorite Deschutes beers here.
IPA Cucumber Dip
- 4 English cucumbers
- 8 C thick Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1 C mint, finely chopped
- 4 Tbs cumin, Ground
- TT salt & pepper
- 2 oz. Fresh Squeezed IPA
- Peel, half, de-seed and grate the cucumbers into a fine strainer and apply pressure to drain of all possible juice
- Separately, combine all of the other ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add cucumbers and thoroughly incorporate.
- Seasons to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill and allows to rest for 1 hour
- Serve chilled with warm pita or chips
- Serves 4
BBQ IPA Glazed Grilled Chicken Wings
- 1 bottle Fresh Squeezed IPA for BBQ Sauce
- 8-10 Wings
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cchopped Onion
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- 2 CKetchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Agave or honey
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt + Pepper
- In a pan over medium heat, heat olive oil and add onion. Sauté until translucent. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Simmer 15-20 minutes to thicken, the allow to cool.
- Once sauce is fully cooled, blend to incorporate all ingredients.
- Get grillin’!
- Heat the grill to 350 degrees F
- Grill the chicken wings for three to four minutes and turn them over to grill for another three to four minutes
- Brush the IPA Sauce on the wings. Let them cook for another minute to let the sauce glaze. Keep turning the wings over and repeat the brushing process.
Citrus Beer Cupcakes
- 3/4 C butter, softened
- 1 3/4 C sugar
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 C (plus more for brushing cupcakes and for drinking, of course) Fresh Squeezed IPA
- 1/2 tsp orange or lemon zest
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 4 C confectioner’s sugar C sugar
- 2 tsp orange or lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 Tbs orange or lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two muffin pans or line with paper liners. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition. Mix in vanilla and zest of your choosing.
- In a medium size bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. In a small bowl, whisk 1 cup Fresh Squeezed with the milk.
- Combine the flour mixture and beer mixture alternatively with the butter, on low speed, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Bake cupcakes for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are still warm, use a fork to poke holes in each cupcake and brush Fresh Squeezed over the top. Let cakes cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter. Add sugar, zest and vanilla. Add citrus juice, one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Serves 4-6
Share your Fresh Squeezed inspired meals with us @deschutesbrewery using #FreshSqueezedIPA on Instagram!
Wing Recipe inspired by kitchenlaughter.com