The idea behind Street Pub was to bring our pub experience to a few communities where we would create a local gathering spot for people to enjoy great beer. We partnered with local nonprofits, bands, food trucks, chefs, and sometimes breweries to celebrate each of those communities. But in the end, the best part was being able to raise close to $400,000 for our charity partners in Street Pub’s first year.
Here’s a look at how that $400K assisted the nonprofits we partnered with in each city:
- Bend, OR (soft launch) : $7,500 donation to the Boys and Girls Clubs of Bend to help fund the local Girls on the Run Program
- Philadelphia, PA: $38,000 donation to the Vetri Community Partnership to cover costs for preparing healthy meals in public schools all over the Philly area
- Cleveland, OH: $47,000 donation to the Western Reserve Land Conservancy to reforest Cleveland by planting over 100 community cornerstone trees.
- Chicago, IL: $69,762 to Alliance for the Great Lakes to provide 45 new classes giving students hands-on experience in restoration activities in the region
- Minneapolis, MN: $79,700 to Second Harvest Heartland to provide nearly a quarter million meals for needy families in Minnesota
- Denver, CO: $56,000 to Bicycle Colorado, to encourage and promote bicycling safety & education, improve road conditions and provide a voice for bicyclists in Colorado.
- Sacramento, CA: $99,741 to Runnin’ for Rhett to fund nearly 4000 children to participate in after school youth fitness programs.
We’re also happy to announce that the Street Pub program received Brewbound’s 2015 Award for “Cause of the Year”. Street Pub tour dates and locations for 2016 will be announced soon, so stay tuned!