Sunday September 18th
Deschutes Brewery Campus Bend, OR
Start & Finish Line @ Brewery Warehouse
399 SW Shevlin Hixon Dr
- JubelX WILL HAVE DIFFERENT NUMBERS, TIMING & SCHEDULE THAN SATURDAY’S RACE.
- Numbers will be issued at registration.
- Race schedule will differ slightly from Saturday!
- Due to a different timing system Tyvek race numbers with RFID chips will be used (NOT cloth OBRA numbers)
JubelX Race Day Schedule
Registration & Bib Number Pickup:
- Saturday 4-7pm - Deschutes Brewery Beer Garden - 969 SW Colorado
- Sunday 7am-Noon - Race Registration Tent @ Start/Finish - 399 SW Shevlin Hixon Dr.
Most bikes are legal – Mountain bikes, Cyclocross, Gravel Bikes, Klunkers, etc. if they have functional brakes on both wheels. But take heed: courses will favor those on ‘cross bikes. Please no fixed gears, coaster brakes or bikes with bullhorns or bar ends. NO E-bikes or power assist of any kind will be allowed. No bikes over 2 meters in length are allowed.
Pre-Ride and Course Preview:
No pre-ride until race day, and only during officially scheduled preview times. Please do not pre-ride during or between races except during the specified course preview times listed on the schedule. Please respectfully obey any official’s or race staff requests, especially when it comes to clearing the course.
- All categories are based on OBRA Cyclocross Category Rules
- OBRA will honor all USA Cycling cyclocross category upgrades
- Clydesdale = 200+ lbs.
- Athena = 160+ lbs. (women)
- Single speed = A single-speed bicycle is defined as a bicycle with no functional means of altering its gear ratio during the competition.
- Junior = Rider with a racing age between 9 and 18 in accordance with the OBRA and/or USAC rules.
2022 Cyclocross Race Age Guide:
- A rider’s racing age in Cyclocross is the rider’s age on December 31st of the year that the Cyclocross season ends. Cyclocross season begins on September 1st of one year (2022) and ends on the last day of February of the following year, which for this season is 2023. Confusing, we know, but put simply, how old will you be next year? That’s your racing age.
- 8 Years and under not eligible to participate in races but may participate in Kid’s Cross events.
Transgender and Gender Non-Binary Athletes:
JubelX & Deschutes Brewery are celebrating a space where all people can participate competitively and fairly in the sport of cyclocross. We are committed to continuing to support people who have been marginalized within cycling, including women, people of color, sexual minorities, transgender, and non-binary athletes. JubelX, The Deschutes Brewery Cycling Team & Deschutes Brewery explicitly support the OBRA and USA Cycling Transgender Athlete Participation policies, affirm the gender identities of all people and support the inclusion of all athletes. Additionally, discrimination or harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification, or national origin is a direct violation of the OBRA Code of Conduct and won’t be tolerated at JubelX.
While our governing bodies and we, as an organization and a community, continue to grow and educate ourselves on how we can better include trans and non-binary athletes, we would like to offer a guide to help people navigate the fields offered at our event.
- Fields labeled as “Men’s” or “Open” are open to all racers, including those that identify as male, female, or non-binary.
- Fields labeled as “Women’s” are open to racers that identify as women, and those for whom competition in the women’s field is most athletically or socially appropriate as defined in the OBRA Transgender Athlete Participation Policy.
- Non-elite athletes (Categories 5,4, and 3) may self-select the field, within their category, that best fits with their gender identity, or that they feel is most athletically and socially appropriate for competitive purposes.
- Elite athletes (Categories 2 and 1) may participate in the gendered field which is most athletically appropriate, as determined by OBRA and USA Cycling Transgender Athlete Participation Policies on Elite Competition.
- Updates to OBRA and/or USA Cycling license gender selection for competitive purposes may be made by contacting OBRA and/or USA Cycling directly and will remain in effect for 4 years as per above-referenced policies.
- Please reference the OBRA and USA Cycling Transgender Athlete Participation Policies below for more detailed information on appropriate competitive category selection and criteria.
- The OBRA Transgender Athlete Participation Policy can be found in section 20 of the OBRA Racing rules HERE.
- The USA Cycling Transgender Athlete Participation Policy can be found HERE.
OBRA Membership & Licenses
- OBRA membership required for all riders at OBRA sanctioned races. OBRA single-race memberships are available onsite for $5.00. Season OBRA memberships are available online.
Fees and Registration:
- Register HERE!!!
- Adults – $40.00 ($15 Additional Race)
- Juniors – $20.00 ($15 Additional Race)
- (Additional race registration is available on-site day of race)
- If you do not register in advance online, day of registration is limited to 200 riders. Cost is $50 for adults and $30 for juniors due to chip timing logistics. Save time by printing out a waiver (PDF) and completing it at home.
- Online registration will close at 2:00 PM Saturday to get chip timing company time to organize chips for riders. Got registration or category questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This race will use chip timing. This will require all racers to go to the registration booth prior to your race(s) so please give yourself time for this. The chips will be attached to your number. Please check with registration to make sure you are aligned in the correct category and that the chip is still active. Replacement chip/bib number fees are $5.
JubelX is sanctioned under the rules and regulations of the Oregon Bicycle Racing Association (OBRA). All rules, regulation and codes of conduct set forth by the sanctioning body will be in effect during the entirety of the event. (Sadly, no beer hand ups).
- If you register onsite for a race or if you preregister and start a race, there is no refund available. Mechanical problems, missed starts, forgotten numbers, pre-race or in-race crashes, illness or lack of fitness, weather or even course conditions such as dust or mud, are not valid reasons for refunds. Under these circumstances, No Refunds Are Available, with No Exceptions.
- If you pre-register for a race and are unable to start that race due to a legitimate injury and you advise us in advance of the race, at the discretion of JubelX, we will consider a partial or full refund. We will not carry credits over for the next season.
Alcohol on Premises:
JubelX race day alcohol rules are governed by the Deschutes Brewery Taproom/Beer Garden permit in accordance with the OLCC. All rules, regulation and codes of conduct set forth by the permit will be in effect and enforced during the entirety of the event. Violations at a minimum will result in being asked to leave the venue. (Again, sadly, no beer hand-ups).
Questions? Please feel free to contact us at Jubelcross@gmail.com or check out our Facebook Page.