- 1 ½ pounds ground lamb
- 1 lb bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 packets of dry brown gravy mix
- 1 medium onion
- Olive oil
- 2 C or 16 oz of Jubel 2015
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 2 C sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 lbs baking potatoes
- ½ C milk
- 1 stick butter
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
- Drain completely and place back in pot so all of the water evaporates.
- In a medium mixing bowl add butter and potatoes.
- Mash until smooth, while adding the milk for a medium consistency.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook and drain ground beef.
- Place drained beef back in skillet and add 1 bottle of Dry Stout. Guinness was used in original recipe.
- Cook until beer has almost cooked out.
- Add tomato paste to meat
- In a medium sauce pan, prepare the gravy according to package directions, using beer for half the liquid called for.
- Pour gravy into meat mixture. And cook all together until you get a nice thick gravy.
- In medium skillet with olive oil sauté onions until soft and translucent.
- Add mixed vegetables to the onions and cook until warm throughout.
- In a 2 quart baking dish, add meat as bottom layer, next add vegetables, and then add the mashed potatoes. Top with shredded cheese. Cook at 375° for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is nice and bubbly.
Serve with a snifter of Jubel 2015!