Obsidian Stout Sticky Buns
- 1 C brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 C Obsidian Stout
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ¼ C chopped pecans
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- ¼ C softened butter
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 lb frozen white bread dough, thawed
- ½ C chopped pecans
- Combine ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat and cook until sugar is melted and the mixture pulls together
- Pour into the bottom of a 9” baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans and set aside
- In a bowl mix together sugar, butter, cinnamon, cardamom and salt
- On a flowered surface roll dough out to approximately 12 x 16
- Spread evenly with butter sugar mixture, leave ½ inch blank dough on one of the long ends.
- Sprinkle with pecans
- Roll up dough starting across from blank ended piece. Once you reach the end, brush the blank dough lightly with water. Pinch seam together to seal
- Use a serrated knife and cut into 12 even pieces of dough
- Place in pan and allow to rise for 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 350*
Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until tops of buns are golden brown.
Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes.
Invert onto serving plate, scraping off any left behind sauce!
Enjoy with a glass of Obsidian Stout