Easy Porter Cupcakes
Recipe from Betty Crocker
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist devil’s food cake mix (Betty Crocker likes to cook with beer so we chose this recipe for cupcake day)
- 1 1/4 C Black Butte Porter
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C apple sauce or sour cream
- Vanilla Bean Frosting
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 C milk
- 1 vanilla bean
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place foil or paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter among muffin cups.
3. Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
4. In large bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating until combined. Add vanilla and 2 tablespoons of the liqueur; beat until blended. Add enough of the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons liqueur, 1 teaspoon at a time, beating until frosting is light and fluffy.
5. Spoon frosting into decorating bag and go to town!
If chocolate is your thing… there are lots of great recipes online with some even made with beer.