Creole-Inspired Stout Chili
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, or pork
- 1/2 pounds sausage, sliced (andouille preferred)
- 1/2 pound chicken, chopped (1 can of rinsed and drained red beans can be substituted)
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (or more) cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 C green onions, chopped
- 1 small can fire roasted green chilis
- 3 (14 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) bottle of Obsidian Stout
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 3/4 tsp creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (or less) sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Cook all meat thoroughly. Drain off fat.
- Combine and stir all ingredients in a slow cooker/crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Note: Any portion of the beer can be substituted with Chicken broth (i.e. 6 oz Obsidian Stout, 6 oz chicken broth, leaving you with 6 oz of beer to drink!) If using chicken broth or a creole seasoning containing salt, be sure to reduce the sea salt addition accordingly. Serve with a pint of Obsidian Stout & some tasty honey cornbread!