Citrus Beer Cupcakes
- 3/4 C butter, softened
- 1 ¾ C sugar
- 2 ½ C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 C (plus more for brushing cupcakes and for drinking, of course) Fresh Squeezed IPA
- 1/2 tsp orange or lemon zest
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
CITRUS BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 4 C confectioner’s sugar C sugar
- 2 tsp orange or lemon zest
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 Tbs orange or lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two muffin pans or line with paper liners. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition. Mix in vanilla and zest of your choosing.
- In a medium size bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. In a small bowl, whisk 1 cup Fresh Squeezed with the milk.
- Combine the flour mixture and beer mixture alternatively with the butter, on low speed, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Bake cupcakes for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are still warm, use a fork to poke holes in each cupcake and brush Fresh Squeezed over the top. Let cakes cool completely before frosting.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter. Add sugar, zest and vanilla. Add citrus juice, one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
Frost cupcakes while sippin’ on a pint of Fresh Squeezed IPA and be sure to share the cupcakes and beer with friends!