Beer & Mushroom Risotto
- 7 oz Arborio rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 white mushrooms
- 1 C fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 C Pine Mountain Pilsner
- 1 C chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbs butter
- Clean the white mushrooms carefully using a soft brush and then chop them up into fine slices.
- Transfer half of the butter to a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. As soon as the butter has melted, add the garlic and chopped onion. Season with a little pepper and salt.
- Gently cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until softened a little. Stir regularly. Now add the risotto rice to the pan.
- Stir well and gently fry the rice in the butter and onion for 3 minutes. Stir regularly. Add half of the beer to the pan.
- Stir well and simmer the risotto rice in the beer. Alternately add splashes chicken stock and extra beer until the rice is nearly tender.
- In the meantime melt the rest of the butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add the sliced mushrooms. Season with a little pinch of pepper and salt.
- Bake the mushroom until golden brown and cooked through. Then take the pan off the heat. Once the risotto rice is almost tender, add the mushrooms to the pan.
- Stir the risotto well and take the pan off the heat. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Add the freshly grated (parmesan) cheese as well.
- Stir one last time. Scoop the mushroom risotto onto warm deep plates and sprinkle with extra freshly ground black pepper. Serve piping hot with a glass of Pilsner!
Recipe from www.junedarville.com