Beer Battered Onion Rings
- 2 large onions, peeled
- 2/3 C flour
- 1/2 tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 C Pacific Wonderland
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 Tbs vegetable oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 C ketchup for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut the onion crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick slices, and separate into rings.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, salt, paprika, and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in beer and egg white (batter will be really thick and sticky).
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Begin dipping onion rings in batter, try to stick as much batter to each thick ring letting excess drip off.
- Add onion rings to pan; cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place the onion rings on a cooking sheet.
- Repeat procedure of dipping onion rings in batter and cooking in remaining oil
- Coat all of the the onion rings on the cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve rings with ketchup and a pint of Pacific Wonderland Lager.