Listening to a Podcast has made it easy to learn free information about what interests you with just a tap of an app on your smartphone.
From crime and cooking (not related, but there are usually knives involved in each), to science and beer, you can fill your noggin with knowledge all while working out at the gym, walking the dog, or on your commute to and from work.
Since we’re focused on the beer over here, and we think you are too, we thought we’d pass along some beer podcast recommendations from the pros!
Whether you want to dive deeper into beer styles, improve your homebrew skillz, or find which beer will pair best with the steak dinner you have prepared, we’ve got a great list for you.
Keep in mind, these podcasts are not just a few dudes chattin’ it up about their lives while getting more drunk with every sip of brew, but an overall list of professionals in the industry of craft beer, who take the time to research and conduct meaningful interviews for those really looking to expand their knowledge of the craft.
- Good Beer Hunting: Award-winning interviews with a wide spectrum of people working in, and around, the beer industry. Exploring the world of starting-up, brewing beer, and connecting with the wider world.
- Master Brewers Podcast: interviews with the industry’s best & brightest in brewing science, technology, and operations. Host John Bryce dives into topics relevant to breweries of all shapes and sizes, worldwide
- Let’s Talk Beer: We are hitting the road talking with brewers and beer personalities from around the globe. Listen to what they have to say.
- And check out The Brewing Network offering a vast array of great podcasts like:
- Brewing with Style: The world’s first radio program dedicated to brewing classic styles of beer. From recipe design to fermentation techniques, Brewing with Style covers everything you need to brew classic styles of beer at home.
- Can You Brew It: Can You Brew It is dedicated to homebrew cloning your favorite commercial beers – complete with pro-brewer interviews, full recipes and a finished-product comparisons.
- The Homebrewed Chef: for beginners and experts alike, The Home-Brewed Chef is the only show of its kind focusing on cooking and pairing with craft beer. In each episode learn to recognize compatible flavors, cook with and pair gourmet food with world class beer.
- Bikes and Beer: Oh yes, believe it. Finally, the two worlds of biking and brewing collide – to be clear, not in the form of drunk bike riding. Commuters and shredders alike, tune in to the latest in craft beer delivered to you by people who understand your love for man-powered, two-wheeled contraptions.
- And a favorite of most of our brewers, Sour Hour (some of our head brewers were guests on this one including Veronica Vega and Ben Kehs): The Sour Hour is an in-depth look into the process of making wild ales. With the help of some of the best mixed-fermentation brewers in the world, the show discusses the techniques to make world class sour beer.
We hope you give them a listen, and in the comment section below, let us know which podcasts are your favorites (beer-centric or other). Cheers!