Since opening the doors of our brew pub in beautiful downtown Bend, Oregon in 1988, Deschutes Brewery has been an integral part of the local community. We are always looking for ways to share our success with our community, which is why we contribute one dollar for every barrel of beer we sell to charitable organizations throughout the communities in which we have set up shop – Central Oregon, Portland, Oregon and Roanoke, Virginia. We are also happy to support non-profit organizations doing splendid work throughout our distribution footprint with in-kind donations including beer and Deschutes Brewery branded swag.
CAUSES WE RALLY FOR
Here at Deschutes, we are all about supporting our community. We feel strongly that the most important thing we can do aside from making damn tasty beer is to honor our core value of helping to build a healthier society. Our current focus is on four main sectors, water and land conservation, hunger prevention and youth services. Moving into 2018, please understand that our communities’ growth has brought an increase to the number of nonprofits serving each community, and subsequently an increase in both the number and dollar volume of request. While we wish we could accommodate all request we receive, we simply cannot.
WE CANNOT CONTRIBUTE TO
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) status.
- Organizations requesting in-kind donations less than 60 days prior to the event.
- Requests from public or private schools or education foundations (we’re sorry, there are just too many to be able to support them all!).
- Religious purposes or activities.
- Individuals or private foundations.
- Political organizations/campaigns.
- Research projects.
- Film productions.
- Conferences, conventions or networking events.
- Athletes or sports teams (aside from a few local or brewery teams).
- Organizations funding communities outside of the U.S. With our limited funds, we want to support the communities where we sell our beer. We hope to be able to spread the love further soon.
Our Community Involvement Committee consists of a cross departmental team of co-owners from all areas of the company. We meet once per month to carefully review and approve all requests for organizations that share our values and make an impact within our community. Requests may take up to 8 weeks to process after a decision has been made.
GRANT REQUEST PROCESS
Our Community Involvement Committee awards funding to accountable 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that make a significant impact within the communities in which we brew beer.
- Cash donation requests will only be considered for organizations operating in Portland and Central, Oregon and Roanoke, Virginia.
- Grants range from $2,500 to $10,000.
- Grant requests for 2018 are due by January 31st.
Grant Request Submissions for 2018 are now closed. Please check back in September 2018 when the submission process opens again.
IN-KIND REQUEST PROCESS
Our Community Involvement Committee supports worthy organizations across our distribution footprint with damn tasty beer, Deschutes Brewery swag, VIP tours and gift cards to our pubs and tasting rooms.
- Requests must be made at least 60 days prior to the event.
- Communities within our distribution footprint only.
- Beer donations are based on our Sales Team and distributor partner’s ability to coordinate the donation and must be in accordance with state laws.