Crafted For Community
Since opening the doors of our brew pub in beautiful downtown Bend, Oregon in 1988, Deschutes Brewery has been an integral part of the local community. We are always looking for ways to share our success with our community, which is why we contribute one dollar for every barrel of beer we sell to non-profit organizations throughout the communities in which we have set up shop – Central Oregon, Portland, Oregon and Roanoke, Virginia. We are also happy to support non-profit organizations doing splendid work throughout our distribution footprint with in-kind donations including beer and Deschutes Brewery branded swag.
CAUSES WE RALLY FOR
Here at Deschutes, we are all about supporting our community. We feel strongly that the most important thing we can do aside from making damn tasty beer is to honor our core value of helping to build a healthier society. Our current focus is on four main sectors, water and land conservation, hunger prevention and youth services. Moving into 2018, please understand that our communities’ growth has brought an increase to the number of nonprofits serving each community, and subsequently an increase in both the number and dollar volume of request. While we wish we could accommodate all request we receive, we simply cannot.
WE CANNOT CONTRIBUTE TO
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) status.
- Organizations requesting in-kind donations less than 60 days prior to the event.
- Requests from public or private schools or education foundations (we’re sorry, there are just too many to be able to support them all!).
- Religious purposes or activities.
- Individuals or private foundations.
- Political organizations/campaigns.
- Research projects.
- Film productions.
- Conferences, conventions or networking events.
- Athletes or sports teams (aside from a few local or brewery teams).
- Organizations funding communities outside of the U.S. With our limited funds, we want to support the communities where we sell our beer. We hope to be able to spread the love further soon.
Our Community Involvement Committee consists of a cross-departmental team of co-owners from all areas of the company. We meet once per month to carefully review all requests from organizations that share our values and make an impact within our community. Requests may take up to 8 weeks to process after a decision has been made.
This program supports a different non-profit each month at our brick and mortar locations. For every pint sold on every Tuesday of the designated month, the non-profit will receive $1. At the end of the month, we tally up the number of pints sold and grant the non-profit with the funds. Our Roanoke Tasting Room, Portland Public House, and Bend Tasting Room and Public House all have their own spin on ways to promote and support the selected non-profit all month long! This program is a wonderful opportunity for our partner non-profits to showcase their mission and rally support. Check out what your local location is up to each Tuesday and join the fun, knowing the pint in your hand is a $1 towards a worthy cause.
The 2019 Community Pints calendar closed on September 30th, 2018. Please check back in the fall of 2019 for our 2020 Community Pints window.
GRANT REQUEST PROCESS
Our Community Involvement Committee awards funding to accountable 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that make a significant impact within the communities in which we brew beer.
- Cash donation requests will only be considered for non-profit organizations within our areas of focus, operating in Portland and Central, Oregon and Roanoke, Virginia.
- Average grant is $1,000.
Our Grant window for 2019 closed on September 30th, 2018. Please check back in the fall of 2019 for our 2020 Grant window.
IN-KIND REQUEST PROCESS
Our Community Involvement Committee supports worthy organizations across our distribution footprint with damn tasty beer, Deschutes Brewery swag, VIP tours, gift cards to our pubs and tasting rooms and the opportunity to apply for our Community Pints program.
- Requests must be made at least 60 days prior to the event.
- Communities within our distribution footprint only.
- Beer donations are based on our Sales Team and distributor partner’s ability to coordinate the donation and must be in accordance with state laws.