Hasta la vista, 2017. While we enjoyed fidget spinning and watching the eclipse, we wanted to take a minute to celebrate our great Deschutes Brewery moments in the past year:
- We were honored to be named a best place to work both in Bend’s The Source Weekly and in OUTSIDE Magazine’s Best Places to Work 2017. It’s the fourth time in five years that we’ve made the 100 Best Places to Work list which points to our strong culture, the impact we have on the communities where we do business and how fun it is to make damn tasty beer every day.
- We passed the $1 million mark for total funding that Street Pub has raised for non-profits to date. In addition, we donated more than $300,000 to community programs across the country this year, totaling more than half a million dollars that we donated in 2017 alone!
- Adding Pacific Wonderland to our year-round roster was awesome. The brewing team created this lager, perfectly capturing the spirit of the Northwest in a beer that pairs wonderfully with activities we do in our own backyard. The launch of this brand-new offering topped the charts. Plus, seeing Karl represent in his gorgeous Pac Wow shirt every Friday is always a pleasure.
- Commissioning the Pilot Brewhouse has been incredibly exciting and our ability to speed up our process from experimentation to a pint pushes our innovation opportunities to eleven. It’s exciting to watch our brewers expand their knowledge and creativity and realize the possibilities on how to innovate in craft. Pouring our experiments in the Tasting Room provides an extraordinarily unique experience for our fans.
- We know that Virginia is for craft beer lovers and opening our tasting room in downtown Roanoke in August has been a game changer for the Roanoke community. We are so proud to bring our damn tasty beer and co-owners to Roanoke.
- Liquor WITH beer, you’re in the clear. Our beer brunch cocktails were met with mixed reviews from our fan base, but hey, we had a great time inventing these concoctions, and we loved trying something new! Let’s keep pushing the envelope with beer cocktails in 2018.
- We paired the science of technology with the art of beer in a collaboration with tech giant Microsoft Corporation. The effort shined a global spotlight on our cutting-edge work with artificial intelligence in the brewing process. Check out the video here.
So now, it’s time to say Hola, 2018. What will be on our top list at the end of next year? No doubt the launch of damn tasty Deschutes beer in cans and new, exciting beers collaborations with partners like Humm Kombucha. See you in the New Year!