Beer Braised Caramelized Onion Stuffed Trout
- 4 Trout, 12-16 oz each
- 2 C caramelized onions
- 12 lemon slices
- 8 sprigs of fresh dill
- ½ C sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 bottle Deschutes River Ale
- To caramelize onions: Over medium heat, place 4 sliced yellow onions in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil. Stir often. When the onions start to brown add 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 4 ounces of Deschutes River Ale. Allow to reduce until most of the liquid is gone. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 4 medium sized gutted and cleaned trout. Pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides and the cavity.
- Prepare the cavity with a quarter of the caramelized onions, a quarter of the sour cream, 3 thin slices of Lemon and 2 sprigs of dill.
- Place the stuffed trout on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Bring up the long sides and fold. Seal one end, pour 6 ounces of Deschutes River Ale in the other end and seal. Drink rest of beer :). Place the parcel you just created on a sheet pan and place in a 375 degree oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Open parcel and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Serve with roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes or a wild rice blend, your favorite veggies & a pint of Deschutes River Ale!