Talk about lucky, a career here is surrounded by passion, for our work and our lives. We love our beers and brewing traditions. And we get to do it in Oregon, where skiing, hiking, mountain biking, golfing, fly fishing and camping come with the territory. There’s not a better place to raise a family, or a healthy ruckus.
Join the Deschutes Pub family…we are always looking for awesome candidates for our BOH and FOH teams! Stop by the Pub and complete an application or download one below and send it to email@example.com.
We are looking for three positive, self-starting individuals with previous experience in a high volume restaurant. Must enjoy working in a collaborative team environment! This position requires flexibility with days, nights, and weekends. Join our Deschutes Brewery family and enjoy the great Benefits package that includes Health, Dental, & Vision Benefits, 401k Retirement Savings Plan, & an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Join the Deschutes Pub family…we are still looking to hire the following BOH positions:
Stop by the Pub and complete and application or download one below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Production Brewer (Bend, Oregon):
Our Brewers are responsible for the brewing process from preparation of the raw materials through the fermentation process. The successful candidate will have a passion for quality beer, attention to detail and be highly motivated to contribute to company-wide initiatives. This is a full time position and will include rotating shifts. We are looking for someone with a great attitude that can work effectively in a team-based atmosphere, has effective communication skills, is a motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
REQUIREMENTS: Proven knowledge of the brewing process, production brewing experience will be a plus; high degree of organizational skills; ability to follow safety and product quality standards; ability to work independently. Heavy lifting is inherent in this position and shifts will include weekends.
IT Project Manager (Bend, Oregon):
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- You want to play a pivotal role in the implementation of a new ERP System at Deschutes Brewery.
- You are excited to fill a newly created role at Deschutes Brewery, and want to leverage your expertise to develop project planning and execution standards in a growing organization.
- You want to lead cross-functional teams that implement solutions to solve complex business challenges at a rapidly growing craft brewery.
- You have a passion for craft beer and want to be someplace that takes its beer-making seriously (with a bit of fun thrown in the mix)!
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will be responsible for planning, leading and managing projects for the implementation of software systems and process changes, enabling Deschutes Brewery to achieve the expected benefits of common processes and systems.
- You’ll collaboratively work to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with leadership and stakeholders.
- You will be the project manager for the implementation of a new ERP System.
- Developing project management standards for project execution and management.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Establish and execute project communication plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
What You Need for This Position:
- 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects from conception to completion.
- Background in IT Project Management, aligning multiple groups around a single objective.
- Strong familiarity with project management software.
- Proven track record of managing successful Information Technology projects
Please submit resume, application and cover letter with salary requirements.
Marketing Manager (Bend, Oregon):
We are currently recruiting for a high energy, experienced marketing professional to join our team as the Marketing Manager in beautiful Bend, OR! The Marketing Manager will serve as a key member of the marketing team, directing agency & team on all campaign initiatives, new product development, and media planning. He/she will coordinate all work across the marketing team to ensure consistency across each marketing function (i.e. social media, events, public relations, pub marketing, etc.).
What You’ll be Doing:
• New Product Development. Leads Marketing Coordinator & agency / internal design team in new product development process, including brand conception, positioning, naming, package design, legal approval, & marketing support plan for product launch.
• Campaign Development. Briefing and managing development of creative campaigns, ensuring alignment with brand positioning.
• Agency Oversight. Briefing, establishing & managing expectations, evaluation of agency work, quarterly evaluation of agency performance.
• Media Planning. Direct and oversee agency in media planning and execution.
• Team Leadership. Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of select marketing staff.
• Strategic Initiatives. Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of Deschutes’ business objectives, market characteristics, and strategic priorities.
• Business Analysis. Use sales data systems (VIP, IRI) to strategically plan the sale and profitability of Deschutes’ portfolio, analyze business developments and monitor market trends.
What You Need for This Position:
• A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or other related field
• Minimum of 3-5 years in a similar role. Previous CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) marketing experience preferred.
• Experience leading agencies and cross-functional teams
• Strong experience managing & developing direct-reports, as well as effective leadership of cross-functional teams
• Experience in Media planning & execution
• Experience in leading and analyzing consumer and category research
• Should be exceptionally organized and capable of balancing multiple priorities at once
• Must have excellent communication (verbal and written) and relationship building skills
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills, specifically working with Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead and inspire a team
And What Is Nice to Have:
• Master’s degree in Marketing or related field
• New Product development experience
• Prior experience and knowledge of the three-tier distribution system and alcohol laws and regulations
Market Sales Manager (San Francisco, CA):
These positions will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our distribution and account partners to promote Deschutes Brewery products within their territory. Market Sales Managers are accountable for achieving assigned volume and profit goals, assigned distribution goals, volume per outlet goals and securing all account standards.
REQUIREMENTS: Four year college degree or comparable work experience, a minimum 5 years experience in adult beverage sales, confident interpersonal skills, PC proficiency, a valid driver license and clear driving record, and a passion for the craft beer industry. Please include a cover letter with salary expectations when applying.
Project Engineer (Bend, Oregon):
This position will assist the Project Manager and other engineers in overall Corporate Capital and Expansion activities for the Brewery and associated Pubs by taking responsibility for implementing a project from conceptual design stages to startup and commissioning. Supports new equipment installation and continual vision of plant expansion and upgrades. Provides mechanical, process and electrical technology expertise to all departments.
REQUIREMENTS: College degree in Engineering, minimum 5 years of process engineering and project management experience, multiple project management experience with a value greater than $1M, proficiency with project management software, broad understanding of all associated codes and regulations, varied manufacturing environment experience. Estimating, knowledge of pump sizing/calculations, valve sizing, heat transfer calculations, process calculations dealing with flow, temperature, level and pressure and AutoCad. Electrical controls experience will be a plus.
Shipping/Receiving Operator, Graveyard (Bend, Oregon):
We’re looking for a team player who is self-motivated, a hard worker, and can take on additional responsibility as business needs dictates. Forklift experience in a busy environment is required. This position will train on a day shift schedule and transition to graveyard shift after training. Must be flexible to work weekends. Compensation – $16/hour after training and additional $3/hour night shift differential.
- Basic computer literacy
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in a team based work environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Forklift experience
- Maximum focus on safety
- Routine lifting required
- Flexible scheduling
How to Apply
- Fill out an application. Download the PDF or call 541-385-8606 and we’ll mail one to you.
- Email the application and your resume to email@example.com or drop it by either of our pubs (1044 NW Bond in Bend or 210 NW 11th Ave. in Portland) or our brewing facility and tasting room (901 SW Simpson Ave. in Bend).
Job Benefits — We’ve got one of the best packages around! Benefits include competitive compensation, medical & dental insurance, vacation and sick pay, Health Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Assistance Accounts, 401k, Employee Stock Ownership, and Deschutes Brewery beer!
Due to the high volume of resumes received, we will not be able to respond to a resume submission unless applying for a specific position that is currently open. Drug testing is required.