Talk about lucky, a career here is surrounded by passion, for our work and our lives. We love our beers and brewing traditions. And we get to do it in Oregon, where skiing, hiking, mountain biking, golfing, fly fishing and camping come with the territory. There’s not a better place to raise a family, or a healthy ruckus.
Join the Deschutes Pub family…we are always looking for awesome candidates for our BOH and FOH teams! Stop by the Pub and complete an application or download one below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Deschutes Pub family…we are looking to hire about 30 people to fill the following BOH and FOH positions:
Stop by the Pub and complete an application.
IT Database Developer:
What You Will Be Doing:
• You’ll design, develop, implement and support complex database systems, tools and applications.
• You’ll write, support and troubleshoot queries and stored procedures, building forms and deploying SSRS Reports and SSIS Packages.
• You will work on projects that bridge the gaps between segmented IT infrastructures, helping us create truly integrated enterprise solutions across our Accounting system, Brewing/Production/Quality Data Collection, Forecasting system, CRM, and POS System. That could mean helping:
-- Deliver extraordinary experiences to our customers by building automated customer comment cards or keg purchasing systems for our Pubs.
-- Build meaningful planning tools for our Sales team to ensure our damn tasty beer is reaching our fans in all our markets.
-- Continuously brew the highest quality beer through the integration of Brewing, Quality and Production data.
What You Need for This Position:
• A desire to build new ways of doing things and take on the challenges that come with a company’s growth and success.
• A mindset of “Let’s figure this out” and “How can I help?” as you collaborate with your peers.
• A minimum 3 years of MS SQL Server experience
• Proven experience creating queries and stored procedures
• Experience with developing and supporting database driven web forms
• Experience developing SSRS Reports in Visual Studio
• The ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
• Proven experience as a great team player that can work independently
• A passion for craft beer and desire to be someplace that takes its beer-making seriously (with a bit of fun thrown in the mix)!
And What Is Nice to Have:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• SharePoint experience
• Demonstrated experience to innovate and think-out-side of the box
Maintenance Tech w/HVAC Focus:
This position’s primary responsibilities will be HVAC equipment, chiller, AC units and glycol systems. Current schedule is days and will include weekend work but as with all facility positions, this could change as we grow into the future. REQUIRED: A minimum 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment; well rounded mechanical background; exp. with servicing, maintaining and diagnosing malfunction of HVAC equipment, chillers, roof top AC units and glycol/R-22 tank chilling loops; maintenance of utility equipment such as pumps, valves, compressed air, water systems, steam/boiler systems, and conveyors and emphasis and knowledge of industry safe work practices. Please send your resume with your wage expectations.
This full time position based at our Production Facility in Bend will be responsible for all aspects of an in-house payroll system company-wide. Duties will include maintenance of wage and timekeeping data, creating checks and direct deposit, tracking deductions, track and accrue vacation and sick time, preparation of annual W-2’s, payroll tax reports and compliance with State and Federal Wage and Hour laws. REQUIRED: Minimum 2 years of college or specialized training with courses applicable to duties, at least 2 years experience with full payroll processing, solid computer skills with preference to experience with Great Plains, effective communication skills and solution-oriented problem solving/troubleshooting skills. $18/hour.
Director of Brewery Operations:
Our Director of Brewery Operations leads all functions and processes related to brewing, cellaring, packaging, maintenance and quality control. This Director’s responsibilities include developing a team that functions at a high level of experience, creativity and efficiency. Will have oversight of sourcing all brewing and packaging materials; driving the product development process; continually improving processes to impact quality, consistency and efficiency. This position is involved with marketing efforts, special events, strategic planning, and brewing industry events. The Director of Brewing Operations is a member of our Senior Management and Strategic Planning teams. Position responsibilities will include setting long term vision by developing a strong leadership team to guide brewery operations from current state to expansion in the future with collaboration, continuous improvement, efficiency and safety at the forefront. REQUIRED qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Fermentation Science or comparable specialized experience in brewing science; a minimum 7 years practical experience in brewing, packaging, maintenance and quality control experience; experience with world class manufacturing techniques with the business acumen to anticipate and respond to future needs of our organization; ability to create a strategy to implement continual improvements in brewing and packaging processes; advanced interpersonal skills to effectively communicate across all levels of our business; proven track record in leading and managing change; sound knowledge of financial management tools.
Brewmaster of Product Development:
Our Brewmaster of Product Development will oversee all functions related to new product development and beer production for our Pubs, barrel program and pilot brew system. The successful candidate will have a passion for craft beer and share our desire to constantly push the envelope when it comes to quality and creativity while having the experience and expertise to run a sophisticated and growing brewery. This person will bring outstanding leadership skills, technical & creative expertise and proficiency in brewing operations. Responsibilities will include: Leadership of a team of Assistant Brewmasters; lead beer formulation and innovation; planning for future needs of our brewing department in career development, facility growth and equipment needs; ability to be a leader who develops cohesive, collaborative communications company-wide; support of a lean culture by engaging continuous improvement and problem solving techniques; and representation of Deschutes Brewery in a variety of formats from beer dinners to industry events to media engagements. Our ideal candidate will have a degree in Fermentation Sciences, a minimum of 10 years professional, production brewing experience including knowledge of a broad range of brewing styles, long range planning experience with expansion and equipment purchase to meet design criteria and proven fiscal responsibility. Strong computer proficiency in Office programs is required.
How to Apply
- Fill out an application. Download the PDF or call 541-385-8606 and we’ll mail one to you.
- Email the application and your resume to email@example.com or drop it by either of our pubs (1044 NW Bond in Bend or 210 NW 11th Ave. in Portland) or our brewing facility and tasting room (901 SW Simpson Ave. in Bend).
Job Benefits — We’ve got one of the best packages around! Benefits include competitive compensation, medical & dental insurance, vacation and sick pay, Health Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Assistance Accounts, 401k, Employee Stock Ownership, and Deschutes Brewery beer!
Due to the high volume of resumes received, we will not be able to respond to a resume submission unless applying for a specific position that is currently open. Drug testing is required.